Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT)
Dye Penetrant is an effective and relatively low-cost method for locating surface-breaking defects in non-porous materials. PT (or LPI) is typically used to inspect non-ferrous metal (Stainless, Aluminum etc.), plastic or ceramic components.
RAY NDT provides a variety of Penetrant Testing (PT) such as:
- Type 1 – Fluorescent Penetrants and Type 2 – Visible Penetrants
- Method A – Water Washable
- Method B – Post-Emulsifiable, Lipophilic
- Method C – Solvent Removable
- Method D – Post-Emulsifiable, Hydrophilic